I am a total beginner to android programming. I had an idea or two about
what apps I would like to see, and decided to try and make them.

I have several books on android development, and they have been very helpful
thus far, as has the net. I have made a few basic apps, ranging from “hello
world” to basic games and tabbed apps. My understanding of development for
android is still pretty basic. Please take this into account ;)

Broadly I want to develop an app that can display user generated content on
a google maps, like “spillmap” http://spillmap.org/

I know that I can use mymaps for this, but I have stumbled across google
fusion tables, and for the potentially large amounts of geographic data
involved this would be ideal. I have googled around the subject, but am at a
loss as to how I would make android upload to fusion tables. I have come
across a reference to someone doing this, so I know that it is possible.

Any advice would be very welcome!

Merry Christmas!