The following links may be useful. Jt implements web/services and
messaging
on Android:

a) Java Pattern Oriented Framework, An application of the Messaging
Design Pattern
IBM Technical Library
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-designpattern/index.html

b) Messaging Design Pattern (MDP) and pattern implementation -
Published in the 17th conference on Pattern Languages of Programs
(PLoP 2010).
https://jt.dev.java.net/files/documents/5553/150311/designPatterns.pdf

c) Messaging Design Pattern and a distributed Component/Service Model
https://jt.dev.java.net/files/documents/5553/149793/MDPdistributedModel.pdf