Hi,

I would like to stream video files to Android device, and intend to
integrate playback in my application.

I first tried to use flash video streaming, which works pretty nice on my
HTC Hero which integrated flash player, but now on Floyo ROM it does not
work any more. I guess HTC player is more complete than froyo 2.2 flash
support.

Then I tried to stream with VLC software using RTSP and it appears to work
only with WiFi. On 3G, I see on the streaming PC that the stream is sent,
but nothing is displayed on the Android device, whereas it works on WiFi.
I found this very interesting page from "VLC stream & convert" developper
which seems to show that this method is hazardous. Indeed the proposed test
does not work at all on my device/operator.
http://traveldevel.com/vlc-stream-convert/streaming-over-3g

Finally I am trying to stream over HTTP. I made it work (WiFi AND 3G) for
audio stream only, but when I try to stream audio+video, it does not work at
all (WiFi nor 3G). Of course I set the bitrate and screen size to low so it
is supposed to work at least in WiFi. I tried several combination
codec/muxer with no luck.

So anyone knows if it is ever possible to stream video over HTTP? if yes,
any idea which codec/muxer is supposed to work?

Or at least what is the most universal and/or recommanded way to stream
video to android device??

Thanks for any help,

--
Thierry.