Is your Windows 7 32 or 64bit?
Ensure you're using the Oracle JDK should be 1.6.0_23 32bit
Not sure installing 64bit will help much either way unless you have a
pretty beefy machine, so I would uninstall the 64bit JDK.
What path did you install the AndroidSDK to?
Did you setup your JAVA_HOME, CLASSPATH and PATH?

What version of Eclipse did you download and install?  There are a few
different versions with different capabilities.
I personally use MyEclipse but Eclipse should work just as well.
When you go here http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
You should pick :
32 bit
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/helios/SR1/eclipse-java-helios-SR1-win32.zip

Android SDK : http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r08-windows.exe
Android Plugin (ensure you read the one on Helios) : <How to>
http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html#installing

Uninstall your applications first to start with a clean system if you
prefer it might make it easier.

Install the JDK I prefer to install the JDK to c:\java (note no spaces
in path) and you don't have to change references later.
Install the Android SDK (also make sure no spaces in the path you
install it to)
Install Eclipse (ensure no spaces in path something like c:\eclipse)

Once you're this far you will need to start the Android SDK
application "SDK Manager.exe", select Settings and checkmark "Force
https..." then select Available Packages and expand the URL in the
right window select what you need to develop on (i.e. version of the
SDK you want to work with) then once all is selected click on "Install
Selected" at a minimum you will want :
The version you select i.e. "SDK Platform Android 2.2, API 8, revision
2"
Documentation for that version
Samples for that version
Google API's for that version
Usb Driver package (latest one)
Market Licensing package (latest one)

Once it's all downloaded you can shutdown the program you opened and
go over to the Eclipse application to start development, you will need
to tell the plugin where the path to your Android SDK folder is in the
preferences but that should be all you need to get started.

Good luck