Yes, ViewFlipper can flip on its own. When you call setFlipInterval
(int timeInMs)  and then call startFlipping() the flipper will switch
the views every timeInMs millisecs.
I can handle the flips that I trigger manually, but I want to also
handle them when they are automatic.
There is the possibility of using a Timer object and scheduling a
TimerTask to run every timeInMs, but this does not provide accuracy.
i.e. I do not have a guarantee that the timing is synchronized, so I
cannot achieve the goal of performing an action just before showing
the next view.
I was just wondering if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks for your response.