You may want to look into the Jt framework for Android.
It supports Web services (Resful) and Data Access Object (DAOs). You
just need
to use these pieces for your application:

a) Java Pattern Oriented Framework, An application of the Messaging
Design Pattern
IBM Technical Library
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-designpattern/index.html

b) Messaging Design Pattern (MDP) and pattern implementation -
Published in the 17th conference on Pattern Languages of Programs
(PLoP 2010).
https://jt.dev.java.net/files/documents/5553/150311/designPatterns.pdf