I want to create a read-only memory-backed SQLite database to which I
"attach database" other SQLite db files. Usually I would use:

SQLiteDatabase.create(null)

to do this but, AFAICT this is writable because it uses
SQLiteDatabase.CREATE_IF_NECESSARY.

My current workaround is to create a db in internal storage:

File dbFile = new File(getDatabasePath("base.db"));
if (!dbFile.exists) {
    openOrCreateDatabase(dbFile.getName(), MODE_PRIVATE,
null).close();
}
SQLiteDatabase sqldb = SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(dbFile.getName(),
null, SQLiteDatabase.OPEN_READONLY);

In other words, to not use a memory-backed db at all.

Is there a better way?