Hi Damien,
Our app is also getting bit by this. I've been in contact with some folks at Sprint regarding it, but no solution yet. I haven't been able to find a workaround; were you able to find anything?

cheers,
steve

        Dml <mailto:damien.le...@gmail.com>
December 13, 2010 4:59 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to fix an issue related to Sprint carrier for a rtsp
application.
I found that they are puting a proxy server when using the MediaPlayer
for rtsp calls.

" The root cause appears to be that the Android MediaPlayer is being
forced to proxy through a Sprint server (rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com), even
though the MediaPlayer is actually connecting to a socket listening on
the handset itself (the url is of the form "rtsp://127.0.0.1:31245/
audio.aac"). Predictably, "rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com" cannot connect to
this url, and the playback fails. "

I know that there is some trick to fix the issue on the devices by
changing the RTSP proxy manually. However I can't stick to this
solution and I really need to find out a way to do that in my
application.

Do you have any idea how the problem can be fix ?

Best Regards

Damien

--
stephen lau | st...@grommit.com | http://whacked.net | @stevel