On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM, b_t <bartata...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, so there is no possibility to display "real-time" information in
> a widget? For example a compass widget?

Correct, app widgets are not intended to be continually refreshing.

> What is an acceptable refresh rate?

Less is better.  For polling, I'd suggest 15 minutes.  Many times you would
be better off doing something push-based, however, such as how gmail gets
pushes when there is new mail, causing it to sync, and update any widget as
part of that process.

> And the main question, why does the alarmmanager send alarms in sleep
> mode
> when I use RTC instead of RTC_WAKEUP?

Because something is still keeping the CPU running.  Note the use of the
word "asleep" in the documentation here is somewhat misleading -- it is not
talking about the screen being off, but the actual CPU being asleep.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.