I am rather baffled as to why you would be exporting a project, and
then importing again???

Could you be more specific about the sequence of operations you are
performing?

Are you using a revision control system, such as Subversion? If not,
you really, really should be. If you are, are what files and/or
directories are you excluding from checkin?