IMHO hasSpeed() is an attribute of the LocationProvider, not the
LocationManager and most likely the GPS_PROVIDER doesn't have speed in
case of emulator.
In other words, speed is an optional attribute not every
LocationProvider has.
I would assume that any real GPS_PROVIDER has it but not
NETWORK_PROVIDER.