I am not sure, if you just want to stop your app to change orientation
on rotating. But if thats the case, along with the line you mentioned

android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden" which tells the
system that app will be handling the orientation change, you need to
add the following line to in manifest.xml

android:screenOrientation="portrait"

or landscape, depending upon your choice.

Hope it helps !!

Cheers,
Prateek