here the sum up of my code http://pastebin.com/YcPWNYit

my problem only occurs when my application gets installed over my
application again(aka when I run it from eclipse) and this only occurs when
the value of ENABLED_KEY is left true so this fc happens when my the value
is changed from true to false after I install my app again... this does not
occur the other way around(false to true) and it also does not occur if I
manually uninstall my app from the emulator and then install the newer
version because then the preferences actually get deleted where when I
install a different version on top of the old the preferences do not
change... I have a feeling that mReceiver is problem but I can't detect if
the app is being removed/new version getting installed so how would I
possibly destroy it? and I might be taking the wrong approach at this... any
help is appreciated.

thanks