On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Joe McCann <joseph.is...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a nutshell, I have/am trying to create reusable UI components in
> XML.  I created a dead simple project that only fires an activity to
> show the UI.

Your "dead simple project" will not run on any version of Android, due
to a typo in your manifest.

Also, on the Android 2.3 emulator, your "dead simple project" crashes
immediately with a "bitmap size exceeds VM budget".

Your problem can be solved by removing your recycle() call and putting
your background PNG into the appropriate resource sets (drawable-ldpi,
drawable-mdpi, drawable-hdpi). This has a side benefit of allowing
your application to run on Android 2.3.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!