Currently I believe I'm doing a ok job managing my application's remote
service. When I'm done using it I can see the onDestroy() called, perfect...

Now the issue is I can see the remote process still hanging around, via DDMS
or via phone's running processes. Users see this and think I'm doing stuff
on the background etc... blaming my app and than asking for an exit
button... Truth is they don't need an exit button!

So my question:

    How to gracefully terminate a remote service process?

I could get the PID and kill it but something tells me this might not be the
nice way to do this since the service might be restarted again...

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

-Moto