Hello,

I have an app that relies on wireless network location, i.e. which
receives location updates from the NETWORK provider. In order for this
to work, the phone must have "Use wireless networks" enabled under the
"Location & security" settings, and my app instructs the user on how
to enable this.

However, it turns out that some phones (e.g. on certain American
carriers) don't have this setting at all. Instead they have two
settings:

"VZW location services" and
"Google location services"

My questions:

1) Am I correct in assuming that the first of these refers to mobile
network location, and the second to Wi-Fi network location?

2) How can my app detect whether the phone has the single "Use
wireless networks" option, or if it has both of the above mentioned
options? I imagine that the naming of "VZW location services" is
carrier-specific -- is there any way of obtaining the name of this
option programatically so I can provide appropriate instructions to my
users, ideally localised to the user's language?

3) If the phone has both settings, how can I detect which ones are
enabled? In other words, what is the return value of
LocationManager.isProviderEnabled("NETWORK") if e.g. only "VZW
location services" is enabled and not "Google location services"?

Best,
Michael.