I'm somewhat annoyed with the high-handed approach the Ubuntu team
applied to this issue, myself. It has certainly wasted a lot of
people's time, mine included, for what I view as a very petty bit of
political dogmatism.  (I have no issue if they want to encourage the
use of OpenJDK by increasing awareness, making it the default, or
otherwise making it easy. But making it hard to get the Sun SDK is
sabotage IMO).

But regardless -- this is not an Ubuntu list, and most people here
don't use Ubuntu, or if they do, they don't use it for Android
development.

So - for future reference -- you'd be a lot better off asking Ubuntu
questions on an Ubuntu list or forum. Or even better, googling up the
answer yourself. Most of the time, that'll be more efficient than
asking, because most of the time, you'll have a question or problem
that someone has already run into, and you'll have your pick of
answers and explanations to choose from!