> > Note that some devices don't correctly report actual resolution (xdpi /
> > ydpi).
>
> Does "some devices" include anything that I care about?  How wrong is
> the value?

Answering my own question: yes, it is wrong on my Motorola Defy, which
returns 96.  Googling tells me it is wrong on quite a lot of devices
from Motorola.  Aaarrgghhhh.

So: is the value 96 that I see a sentinel that I can use to detect
this bug?  I.e. do all/most devices with this bug return 96?  If so,
I'll trap 96 and substitute something else, e.g.
DisplayMetrics.displayDpi(), which I trust is more reliable.  If 96 is
not the only wrong answer, can anyone suggest some other way to detect
a bogus value here?

Thanks,  Phil.