Hi,
I have an application with a manifest that clearly states it requires
the android maps. I know this works because if the phone doesn't have
the shared lib it fails on install (that's great I am glad).

But sometimes I am seeing reports as follows:
 Exception Ljava/lang/NoClassDefFoundError; thrown during
Lcom.foo.bar.RandomClass;.<clinit>
D/AndroidRuntime( 7529): Shutting down VM

Later on in the rollup of the stack.
Lcom.foo.bar.RandomMapActivity
 at com.foo.bar.RandomClass.<clinit>(RandomClass.java:171)

And earlier on in the log I have a Verify Error for a Class not found
for MapActivity.

Basically I just have a static block in a class referenced by my
Application Object that some something like this.

static {
  HashMap<Class, String> map = new HashMap<Class,String>();
  map.put(RandomMapActivity.class, "alias1");
  ALIAS_MAP = map;
}

It's nothing complicated it's nothing fancy either. If the sharedlib
fails to load at runtime is there not a more dire issue there? What
gives?

-Greg