hi ,
i've seen this thread, but it was outdated so i opened a new one.
I'm still a beginner in Android so bare with me.
I did a simple gps location app on eclipse

when i go to DDMS, location controls , i put late and long and click send,
nothing happens, the emulator seems to reboot and never enters the
application again,  i'm usng GPS_PROVIDER so it should be affected. I tried
both debug and run mode.
plz i would appreciate any help.
thank you

i'm using sdk 2.3
eclipse helios
windows XP

this is the code i'm using :

import android.app.Activity;
import android.location.Location;
import android.location.LocationListener;
import android.location.LocationManager;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.util.Log;
import android.widget.Toast;

public class HelloAndroid extends Activity
{
@Override
public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
{
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.main);
LocationManager lm = (LocationManager) getSystemService(LOCATION_SERVICE);
LocationListener ll = new mylocationlistener();
lm.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.GPS_PROVIDER, 0, 0, ll);
}

private class mylocationlistener implements LocationListener
{

public void onLocationChanged(Location location)
{
if (location != null)
{
Log.d("LOCATION CHANGED", location.getLatitude() + "");
Log.d("LOCATION CHANGED", location.getLongitude() + "");
Toast.makeText(HelloAndroid.this,
location.getLatitude() + "" + location.getLongitude(),
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
}
}

public void onProviderDisabled(String arg0)
{
Toast.makeText(HelloAndroid.this,
"providerDisabled",
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
 }

public void onProviderEnabled(String provider)
{
Toast.makeText(HelloAndroid.this,
"providerEnabled",
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
 }

public void onStatusChanged(String provider, int status, Bundle extras)
{
}
}
}