Hello,

Is there a way to do what the title says?  I have a password security
dialog built using AlertDialog.Builder.  The problem is that pressing
the search button simply dismisses the dialog.  I need to notify the
underlying activity that the dialog was dismiised so that I can quit
the app.

I've tried to set an onDismissListener which notifies the parent
activiy.  This works OK, but the parent comes into view for a few
second and then the app closes -- this is a security risk.  I have to
mention that I have the background activity blurred out for security
reasons and when the user presses the normal Cancel button on the
dialog, the background activity is never fully visible again -- it
just stays blurred, then it finishes.  On the other hand, when I hit
the Search button, the background activity comes into full unblurred
view and then it finishes maybe 2 seconds later.

So ideal thing would be is to somehow catch and eat the search key
press, but I cannot find a way to do this.

Anyhow has any suggestions/ideas?