I'm getting this exception:

at android.content.res.TypedArray.getDimensionPixelSize(TypedArray.java:455)

from this code:

                TypedArray array =
context.getTheme().obtainStyledAttributes(style,
new int[] { android.R.attr.textSize });

int textSize = array.getDimensionPixelSize(array.getResourceId(0, 0),
defValue);

I'm expecting a standard value from the system since thats what I'm asking
for.

It actually works on all devices I can get my hands on and of course the
error reporting doesn't tell me anything useful except a stack trace.

Does anyone have a solution that might work instead of this one?

Does anyone know what device this might be?

I do know that it has to be a 2.2 device or better because I've made the
minimum 2.2 (froyo)

At the moment the only idea I can come up with is to simply send a static
value, but I'm obviously going to have to guess what the device is.