It seems like whenever a <scale> is done as a part of an animset,
the starting or ending scale is computed incorrectly, as the
reciprocal
of the ending scale.  I think they're calculating the anti-transform
for
each element, and doing it badly, messing up compound animations.

Thanks for posting good YouTube examples of the phenomenon.
Now post those to the bug tracker!