seekTo is relative to the start of the file - NOT the current position

according to the docs

public void seekTo (int msec)
Since: API Level 1 Seeks to specified time position.

Parameters
msec  the offset in milliseconds from the start to seek to

for your 30s file, the range is 0 to 30000

try seekTo(15000)