I assume you mean this part of the documentation of
InstrumentationTestRunner:

Filter test run to tests with given annotation: adb shell am
instrument -w -e annotation com.android.foo.MyAnnotation
com.android.foo/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner

If used with other options, the resulting test run will contain the
union of the two options. e.g. "-e size large -e annotation
com.android.foo.MyAnnotation" will run only tests with both the
LargeTest and "com.android.foo.MyAnnotation" annotations.

Filter test run to tests without given annotation: adb shell am
instrument -w -e notAnnotation com.android.foo.MyAnnotation
com.android.foo/android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner

?