It's not a notification as far as I can tell. It appears on the RIGHT
hand side next to the time (Along with the other "in built" icons,
such as battery, connectivity etc). It doesn't appear in the app
specific list of notifications on the LEFT, or the notification drop
down list, or have associated text.