I am very impressed with the shared preferences framework within
Android and the ability to specify preferences in an XML file.
However, I would like to perform validation on preferences,
particularly on preferences within a child preference screen. Is this
possible and if so is there a standard way of displaying an error
message to the user?

I am also hoping to group any changes made within the child preference
screen and save them all at once. Is this possible? The reason for
doing it this way is that the preferences are all related and when
they are changed this sets into motion a series of events within my
application. If each change the user makes is saved straight away then
the events will be triggered multiple times because I am using a
preferences listener to pick up the changes.

Many thanks,

Charles