This is working as intended, please don't try to work around it.  Popping
dialogs up on the user from outside of where they are currently working is
an ugly thing to do.

If you need to get the user's attention from outside of your application,
the notification manager is the recommended solution.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:29 PM, android dev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an activity which listens to certain event from another
> application.  In onReceive, I fire a dialog box.  How do I get the dialog
> box to appear on top of the other application?  What's happening is that the
> dialog box does not appear while the other application still running.  But
> as soon as I close the other application, it goes back to my activity, and
> the dialog box stays there.
>
> Do I need to convert the activity to a service?
>
> Thanks,

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.