I was looking through the git repository history and found some code
relating to P2P mode in Android. I understand it's not ready for use
by users and typical Android developers, but I was hoping to play
around with it myself. I was wondering if anyone else was playing with
this or had some experience to share.

The feature I'm trying to re-enable is called MyTag, and there are
relevant commits in the Nfc and libnfc-nxp, linked below. I also wrote
my own custom BroadcastReceiver with the hope of setting the tag value
from userspace. I'm just hoping to put together some demos on top of
nfc, so security and long-term stability aren't important to me.

Relevant commits:

Nfc:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Nfc.git;a=commit;h=825f01522a1d68cadb634c88101e96f842478926

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Nfc.git;a=commit;h=1fc06b8d4dfd7e92c43cbd4c5aacf8fa66d181d1