Hi would like to use quick search box to do some sort of a network
search.
Do I need to use a content provider ? I am not implementing
suggestions. I only want to do a full search of the text.

What I like to do is the exact behavior that your app would do if you
have you search implemented for ONLY application wide.(Which works for
me)

Now, I would like to fire up search box from a widget (not with in my
application) and select my app as the search location ( I see yelp and
dropbox do this, they show up their app icons)  and do a search and
show a results in my activity.

Now Interesting thing is on the emulator 1.6 and 2.2 my app shows  in
the "Selectable Items" list but when I go to the widget it does not
show my app icon to select as the search location/resource.

On my phone (2.2) I can't even get it to show on my "Selectable Items"
list.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<searchable xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        android:includeInGlobalSearch="true"
    android:label="@string/app_name_icon"
    android:hint="@string/search_description"
    android:searchSettingsDescription="@string/search_description">
</searchable>

As I mentioned I do not want to have a content provider as I am not
making any suggestions.

Thanks for all the help.