does work on some carrier like mine.
It depends on if your carrier has a gateway, mine for example is
16477712...@msg.wind.ca

String number = "j...@edispatches.com";
 String st = "testing";
                sm.sendTextMessage(number, null, st, null, null);

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, this is typically implemented within the cellular network's "smarts"
> along with other services (like voicemail, or SMS messages about missed
> calls).
>
> Doing this in an application seems possible, but difficult, as you'll need
> to implement your own email messaging back-end, possibly including your own
> mail servers.
>
> -- Kostya
>
> 25.01.2011 1:47, JAlexoid (Aleksandr Panzin) пишет:
>
>  I am pretty sure that SmsMessenger does not send emails. You use the
>> Email client to do that.
>> Read the error output from LogCat. If then you don't know what is the
>> problem, post it here. Maybe someone will ridicule you for something
>> or there is a genuine problem.
>>
>> On 24 янв, 23:12, Jonathan Jenne<j...@edispatches.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> anybody?
>>>
>>> On Jan 21, 12:23 pm, Jonathan Jenne<j...@edispatches.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  I'm trying to code an app that sends an SMS message to an email
>>>>

> --
> Kostya Vasilyev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget --
> http://kmansoft.wordpress.com

littleb...@littlebearz.com
+1-647-771-2551 SMS Call 24/7

> This message and any attached documents contain information from the
> LittleBearZ that may be confidential and/or
> privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read,
> copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this
> transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
> e-mail and then delete this message.
<I usually Reply within 24 Hours. Keyword: *usually*