I've been using the Allocation Tracker in DDM to hunt down some
unnecessary allocations and while its great for pin-pointing where the
allocations are made it isn't so hot at showing which allocations are
the most onerous.

Ie it only shows those allocation that are resident in memory at the
time you click on Get Allocations. So if anything has been GCed prior
to that its not visible.

I've cleaned up lots of little allocations that Allocation Tracker has
highlighted, but I don't think they are the main game (because only a
few instances of them are ever created and they are quickly GCed). I
know that there are a few (as yet unfound) allocations that are
happening many times which are causing problems, but when looking at
it in the emulator with the Allocation Tracker they are getting GCed
before I can grab a snapshot of them.

I'm pretty certain I know where at least one main offender lies, but
I'd really like some emprical evidence that I'm hitting the right
target before I clean it up.

Is there anyway to get the Allocation Tracker to accumulate the
allocation data over time (even after the objects have been GCed), or
is there there some other tool that can provide this on the Android
platform?

William