Actually what I have understood about the NFC demo is as under

1. An activity gets started to display the list with three items.
These three items are there to be clicked and generated a fake NFC
message and an intent encapsulating the message.
2. Then there is another activity to read the message and it listens
for any intent of the specific 'TAG_DISCOVERED' action type. Inside
the resolveIntent function this other activity decode the NFC message
generated in the first activity when we clicked on one list item.
After decoding it displays the contents of the NFC message.

Regards,
Asif