Really? It sounds like audio recording of in-call audio to me when
they say:

"From what I’ve seen so far, their product has some features not
offered by any other spy phone vendor. These include such things as
being able to listen to calls that the software recorded, and secretly
viewing photos (and videos!) stored on the phone."