Thanks Dianne,
Without logcat output, I am not sure what I could file as a bug report
without sounding like a rambling idiot. However, when I ask the user
to send me logcat output after the reboot, it always only has data
from the current session, never any data from prior the reboot event.
So Java may have left interesting notes but they get wiped out with
the boot process. Any idea how to get the log data from before the
reboot?