If you cannot sign the key with the same key/certificate then all you
can do is publish it as brand new app under a different package name
with a different signature.

There's no workaround for this.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM, subhashini alaguchokku
<subhashini.andr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> This app has been already developed and approved by Android market. This is
> the second version of the app. The previous app was done by another
> developer whom i cannot contact.
>
> Need to make ready the second version build for upload to Android market.
>
> I have made changes in the code with regards to version name and version
> code.
>
> I have backup of only the debug keystore. Previously the app had been signed
> for release using a release keystore, but I  am not able to locate the
> release keystore.So what can be done now as I urgently need to get this app
> ready.
>
> I know that I need to sign the app using the existing keystore, but I am not
> able to locate the release keystore. So please input your  thoughts asap
> ...Thanks
>
> Suba
>

> We need to use the release keystore right for publishing the app in andorid?
>

> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> wrote:
>>
>> If you don't have it backed up, you can *not* recover it.
>> Thats kind of the point of a secure key.
>>
>> - Brill Pappin
>>
>> On Feb 7, 8:16 am, subhashini alaguchokku
>> <subhashini.andr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I forget my existing keystore, How to retreive my existing keystore
>> > value?
>> > bcas now i want to update my new version of android app.so i need old
>> > keystore. any alternative ways available?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > A.Subha
>>
>> --

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.
http://developer.android.com | http://tools.android.com

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!