On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM, funkyidol <funkyi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Its because I thought thats how single sign on works. For example if I log
> out of my gmail, my google reader also log out from the same browser.

Gmail and Reader are two products tied to your one Google account. When you
sign out of Gmail or Reader you're actually signing out of your Google
Account and doing so from the same *browser* - which is the controlling app.

As I said before, if you sign out of your Google account in Chrome you don't
get signed out in Firefox. These are two separate applications with their
own control of your session in a given account.

> If I have the capability to use Facebook Apps session token to post
> on facebook using my app, then logging out of the Facebook app should also
> stop working on my application.

*Should* as in that's the way it's supposed to work? Or *should* as in
that's the way *you* want it to work?

> The point is just to have a consistent behavior throughout the device.

Do you have examples of other apps / accounts that do this?

I would argue that logging out of one application makes you log out of
another similar application is inconsistent behavior.
I have three Google Reader apps - logging out of one does not log me out of
the others.
And I have three browsers - signing out of any given web page does not sign
me out of those pages in the other browsers.