One more update - the avd based on SDK 2.3.3 was able to remain up and
running
for a while without crashing. I tried using the avd based on SDK 2.1,
it starts up
fine but when you try to press any buttons or open any apps it
crashes. This is
frustrating because I cannot run any of my projects on these emulators
at this point.
Any suggestions as to how to solve this?