Hello,

this is Eclipse related (Helios). The basic question here is:
How would you include system independent java classes into a Android
Library project?

Context: I have a graphics engine which is loosely coupled with the
Android system (engine classes do not include Android packages, mostly
factory patterns). I'd like being able to write e.g. an editor for the
Windows JRE which includes this engine also.

This is my preferred projects setup:

#Project 'Engine'
- Java project
- does not have any system specific classes

#Project 'EngineAndroidLib'
- Android library project
- includes 'Engine' *Point of Failure*
- only Android specific classes
- keeps default assets

#Project 'EngineWindows'
- Java project
- includes JOGL
- includes 'Engine'
- only windows specific classes
- keeps default assets

#Project 'Game'
- Android project
- includes 'EngineAndroidLib' library

#Project 'Editor
- Java project
- uses swing
- includes 'EngineWindows'

My problem is that the Android library 'EngineAndroidLib' itself
includes the source files of the 'Engine' project. This leads to an
error within my 'Game' project (added library dependency in Properties-
>Android):
"The import [of 'Engine' packages] cannot be resolved."
Maybe 'Game' includes the lib without considering lib's includes.

Do you have a fix for that?
- or -
Do you have another idea on how to include (system independent) java
classes into an Android Library project?

Thanks for reading. I wasn't able to make it short... Hopefully, I
made it clear at least. Btw.: This is for a bachelor thesis, no
commercial stuff.

Best regards,
Matthias