On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Bret Foreman <bret.fore...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I had hoped to avoid that much work. It's about 30 classes moved into 3
> libs. Looks like I have my work cut out for me for the rest of the week...

Ouch.

> This Android lib stuff has been flaky and hard to use from the start.

 That's why I put it off for as long as I possibly could.

I hear you - just set mine up fairly recently. I couldn't even add a library
project as a dependency with the GUI - I had to manually edit my project
file. Then the gen folder wasn't generated. Then things were built out of
order. Then changes in the library weren't picked up in the main project. It
still complains it can't find the APK for libraries, as if there should be
one. Good times.

The developer site sure makes it sound simple though, doesn't it? That's why
I only added 1 class file into each of two libraries I set up - I just don't
trust Eclipse and the Android Tools in general that much, so anything you do
has to be slow and steady. I'm going to add thing to the library slowly over
time, otherwise I'm going to spend more time fighting with the tools than
actually developing. So far so good, but can't wait until I add resources

As for you verify error, one thing to try is to comment out everything in
your main Activity except the class declaration itself. If that still
crashes on a VerifyError something's not linking properly with the Android
library itself.

If that's the case, try switching the Library Project to a regular project
(it's just a flag anyway), set up a dummy activity, and try to run that on
it's own. If that runs, then your issue is more likely with the main
project.

Good luck.