Hi there.

I was looking for information as to whether this is possible or not before I
go down this avenue
of writing sockets.

Essentially, I create a TCP/IP socket connection to a simple server I have
written in
Java that accepts socket connections (Using ServerSocket accept method). On
the android
side, I will want to serialize an object that of a class 'Foo' that
implements 'Serializable' interface.
The server will demarshall this object, make a modification, serialize it
again and send it back
to the android client over the same socket connection. My question is - Will
the android client
be able to demarshall the object? The reason I ask is that someone informed
me that android
does not use the java virtual machine and so and isn't byte-code compatible
at all.

Is HTTP REST a better option for communication between my android client and
server?

Many thanks for your help,
Best Regards