Since Android 2.2 the method setAlpha() of ImageViews has become
@RemoteViewable (or something like that, I don't remember that annotation).
So you can simply call RemoteViews.setInt (viewId, "setAlpha", value).

I haven't tried it myself, but I believe it should work..

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Jeffrey <jeffisagen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another option that might be easier is if I could find a way to set an
> alpha for the ImageViews themselves, but I can't find an easy way to
> do that.
>
> On Feb 22, 4:42 pm, Jeffrey <jeffisagen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, after trying it out I am still facing issues. I can't seem to
> > get the alpha to carry over after converting to Bitmap and using
> > setImageViewBitmap(). This is my code so far:
> >
> > Drawable Sec1 = this.getResources().getDrawable(Test[180]);
> > Sec1.mutate().setAlpha(80);
> > Bitmap Section1 = ((BitmapDrawable)Sec1).getBitmap();
> > views.setImageViewBitmap(R.id.IVGhost1, Section1);
> >
> > With this I get no alpha, and if I try this:
> >
> > Bitmap Section1 = ((BitmapDrawable)Sec1).getBitmap().extractAlpha();
> > (Adding the extractAlpha() command)
> >
> > then I get an all black image. What am I missing?
> >
> > On Feb 22, 3:39 pm, Jeffrey <jeffisagen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I have traversed the internet and have yet to find an answer for this
> > > problem. I have a set of image resources that I use in my widget, I
> > > need to be able to reuse them but with differing Alpha levels. So far
> > > the only command I can find to change alpha levels is .setAlpha(), but
> > > that will not work as I am having to dispatch the image
> > > via .setImageViewResource and I can't seem to get .setAlpha to work
> > > with this command.
> >
> > > Is there a way to get this to work or am I going to have to double my
> > > application size by including doubles of my resources?

YuviDroid
Check out Launch-X <http://android.yuvalsharon.net/launchx.php> (a widget to
quickly access your favorite apps and contacts!)
http://android.yuvalsharon.net