Hi guys,

I am a little confused about the difference between services and
processes in Android. From what I understood:
 - each package may run as one process
 - therefore an activity is a process
 - a service runs in the main thread of an activity (therefore it
needs to run in the same process)
 - but from what I know a service uses another address space than the
hosting activity
 - because I don't know of another way in Linux to create a new
virtual memory space than by using a new process I assume, that a
service is actually a new process
 - how are AIDL IPC calls synchronized when they are different
processes?

I would very much appreciate any arguments/answers to any of the
statements!

Thanks,
Patrick