Ok, thanks for the info.

But I recognized I have an even worse problem:

The Market App is gone!!! If I click on the Market icon it tells me: Not
installed on the device!

Uhh! Thank you google! There are some other apps I can not start anymore.
But the Market App is the biggest problem.

I followed these instructions:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/02/24/google-releases-android-2-3-3-update-zip-for-nexus-one-and-nexus-s/
The update process was smooth without any problems.

So, be careful N1 owners. There might be others with similar problems!

Can I download the Market App manually and reinstall it? I guess I have
to google for it...

Regards,
Ralf