You can modify any of the resources however you want if you are rebuilding
the system.  These will be used without having to do anything.

Note that we are calling this "skinning" and generally does NOT involve
modifying theme resources; theme resources are used by applications to
specify the specific theme they want (dark background, light background,
dialog, etc).  Changing the global look of the UI will usually involve just
changing the resources for things like the button image, screen background,
etc.