Hi,

1.     I have used the following code related to VideoView.

mVideoView = (VideoView)findViewById(R.id.myvideoview);

mVideoView.setVideoPath(strVideoURL);
mVideoView.setMediaController(new MediaController(this));

This code is called from OnCreate as well as from a button click
event.
I do not want the video to start playing until user clicks on the play
button.
But, in this case, when the code is executed from OnCreate, the video
starts automatically.
Once we stop the video from playing and then click on a button, the
video does not start on its own.

2.     As a result of the above code, the media controller appers near
the bottom of the screen whereas, the VideoView is placed near the top
of the screen.
Is there any way to get the mediaplayer on top of the VideoView?

3.     Is there a way to make the media controller look smaller?

4.     What is the best way to show a still alternate image (or the
first frame of the video if possible) when the video is not playing? I
get a black rectangle when the video is not playing (after the above
code statements are executed from a button click event).

Thanking you for all your suggestions,
Nilangini