I agree that a TableLayout can always be replaced with Relative and/or
Linear layouts, but I still find it a very convinient shorthand in a
lot of cases.  It's also a lot more readable than a RelativeLayout and
it's also much easier to modify than the nightmare that a
RelativeLayout is when are trying to move rows/columns around.

I understand and appreciate that the RelativeLayout is usually the
most efficient memory and computation-wise, but it sure is difficult
to work with and buggy in some older versions of Android.  Another
reason I will be dropping 1.5 support soon.