Thanks for your time.

I've fixed the crash problem. Now it behaves normal.

There are a few activities in my app.
At the moment, a typical life-cycle of my app can be:

   1. Click the icon on the launch menu to create activity A,
   2. Create activity B from activity A
   3. Click "HOME" button to send the app to the background
   4. Search for this app in the quick search box, click the icon from the
   result list
   5. The previous task comes to foreground and a new activity A' is
   launched into the task
   6. Click the "BACK" button to kill activity A'
   7. Click the "BACK" button to kill activity B
   8. Click the "BACK" button to kill activity A and quit the app.

But ideally, I want it behaves like this:

   1. Click the icon on the launch menu to create activity A,
   2. Create activity B from activity A
   3. Click "HOME" button to send the app to the background
   4. Search for this app in the quick search box, click the icon from the
   result list
   5. The previous task comes to foreground and the instance of activity A
   brought to the front to interact with the user
   6. Click the "BACK" button to kill activity A
   7. Click the "BACK" button to kill activity B and quit the app.

The "singleTop" solution doesn't solve this problem perfectly.

I've noticed the Google "Talk" app can handle this very well and behaves in
the second way. I wonder how it does it.

The reason I raise this post is that the first behavior of the app may be
confusing to the users. I am not sure what the general users expect, but if
they do expect that behavior, I am pretty happy with the first solution.

Thanks