I don't think the moderator looked at my last post, so here goes
again... sorry if it appears twice:

Is anyone still having this issue? I went to check the 'Battery Use
Details' screen recently for my app (About Phone > Battery > Battery
Use), and found that the 'Data Received' metric had grown
astronomically (>60mb, which is absurd). I assume the Google API
assigns all data downloaded for maps to the application that uses
them, in which case this reload issue may be adversely impacting those
data download stats. This will negatively affect the perception of any
apps using maps if a user focuses on this number at all.

Is anyone here seeing their download stats affected as well?

Help! Google! I'm tempted to pull my app from the Market until this
resolved, just to save face. Ridiculous.