Hi,

Thanks for your concern,

The problem with socketException got solved by putting INTERNET
permission in manifest.xml file.

But now i am encountering a new problem as follows

i have created Serversocket as follows

ServerSocket clientListenerSocket = new ServerSocket(9999);

But i dont see  port# 9999 being in listening state when i do "netstat
-a" on windows XP machine.Strange part is its not generating any
exception. because of this client is unable to connect to this port

I guess host OS is not allowing to allocate these ports. i would like
to know what could be the other reasons for this particular problem.
and what is the procedure to find free ports on Windows XP machine.

Thanks